[development] unmaintained modules listing

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Wed Mar 1 09:33:00 UTC 2006

Hi!

I don't have access to perform a task like this, and was wondering if someone could implement a simple solution like this one way or another? I'd love to get a list of modules (so that I can select a few basic ones while I get experience) to port them to 4.7.

One of them that I have noticed that doesn't work on 4.7 (at least when I last downloaded it) was nodewords, but I think it is maintained, so I don't want to just jump in and maintain modules with active maintainers.

I am on a roll now - motivated, because I begin to understand this complexity, and I don't want to lose that motivation, so if someone can do this today sometime, I can perhaps port a module or two tonight...

Regards,

Kobus

>>> greg.knaddison at gmail.com 2/28/2006 7:12:13 PM >>>
On 2/28/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:

> no such list that i know of ... i think a sensible way to track this is
> to assign all unmaintained projects to a single user called
> 'unmaintained'. i just registered that user. then a custom php page
> could show these projects in a table. maybe you could write the PHP for
> such a page and gather up the list of modules. I can perform the edits
> to projects on drupal.org if you don't have edit permission.

Well, here is such a list based on the "Show last 5 nodes by user"
http://drupal.org/node/22628

    $result = db_query("SELECT n.created, n.title, n.nid, n.changed
    FROM node n INNER JOIN project_projects p ON n.nid = p.nid
    WHERE n.uid = 51123
    ORDER BY n.changed
    ASC");
    $output .= "<div class=\"item-list\"><ul>\n";
    $output .= node_title_list($result);
    $output .= "</ul></div>";
    return $output;

> or someone else will volunteer for this task?

Khalid has some good (but more complex) ideas on the process.

Greg