[development] Re: 18 critical bugs left

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Wed Mar 1 19:08:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-01 at 10:28 +0100, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2006, at 22:23, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >> URL to bookmark:
> >> http://drupal.org/project/issues?
> >> projects=3060&versions=9902,9842,9753,9728,6487&categories=bug&priori
> >> ties=1&states=1,8,13,14
> >
> > We're down to 13 critical bugs.
> >
> > I guess we'll release a beta 5?  I don't think we had 0 critical
> > bugs left when we released either Drupal 4.5 or Drupal 4.6 but I'm
> > willing to try.  I have this feeling that it might take us many
> > more weeks to fix them all.
>
> Some critical bugs to work on:

>    http://drupal.org/node/43220 -- mime type handling (will probably
> remove)
>      * waiting for walkah, probably going to remove the mime-type
> handling
>

>    http://drupal.org/node/5961  -- open_basedir problems
>      * no one assigned for this, around for years, probably
> dependency on 43220
>
>    http://drupal.org/node/42358 -- file upload list stuff not working
>      * dopry is working on this

I'm actually working on all three of these... The first two are related
and center around the behavior of file_check_upload. I'd appreciate if
someone who can reproduce 43220 would test the patch for 5961 and see if
it resolves their problem. The if (function_exists(mime_content_type))
should maintain compatibility for hosts that don't support
mime_content_type.

* if you really have an issue with the mime_content_type, please open it
as another issue, as the original issue killes reported was related to
mime_content_type having an invalid path to work with. Issue hijacking
really annoys me, as it gets in the way of any real work! *

I'm working on a patch that will solve 42358... I'm documenting and
testing right now its working well for me, and. I've kind of overstepped
the scope of the problem to simplify the upload process. However, my
current solution depends on file_check_upload behaving properly, aka
depends on the final patch in 5961.