[development] email when admin approves account: can it get into 4.7?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Mar 2 14:49:02 UTC 2006

On 3/2/06, Greg Knaddison <greg.knaddison at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/2/06, Morbus Iff <morbus at disobey.com> wrote:
> > > done ASAP.  if it's not going to get into 4.7 no matter how fast i do
> > > it, i'll work on fixing it in 4.8...
> >
> > I suspect that it won't - we're working on critical bugfixes
> > ONLY at the moment, and this is neither a bugfix, nor critical.
> >

> What about 4.7.1?
>
> Literally yesterday evening I was teaching a new admin how to do the
> various user administration tasks and he was surprised that he has to
> manually send an extra email after activating the account to let users
> know their account is activated.  I was going to open a bug, but
> coincidentally this one showed up.

Greg

It is unlikely that new features get added to a point release (e.g. 4.7.0 to
4.7.1). Only serious bugs and security fixes are likely to make it there.

That being said, you can take the change in the issue listed, and apply
it to your own installation when you move to 4.7, as well as keep pushing
for this to get into 4.8/5.0.