[development] Image Support in the upcoming drupal release

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Thu Mar 2 22:56:13 UTC 2006

Drupalista wrote:
> Why don´t you get together and produce ONE killer-img-module? Why are
> there 10 different modules for image uploading and handling?

Simple: Because there isn't ONE killer image module pattern that is the right one.

Now, what we have isn't good, I'll grant you. But many different people want
many different things. Groups will come together to work on things as their
goals and needs align. Drupal is very much a scratch-your-own itch kind of thing.