[development] Image Support in the upcoming drupal release

Stefan Nagtegaal Drupal-Devel at iStyledThis.nl
Thu Mar 2 23:04:33 UTC 2006

Op 2-mrt-2006, om 23:45 heeft Farsheed het volgende geschreven:

>> One vote to unsub this guy.
>>

>> jh
>
> These sorts of responses don't help anyone, jh.
>
>> Why don�t you get together and produce ONE
>> killer-img-module? Why are
>> there 10 different modules for image uploading and
>> handling?
>
> "You" is a community of volunteers all over the world.
>  Rather than making demands to an already overworked
> group of people, a more constructive strategy is for
> you to contribute code or outline technical
> specifications about how to provide a more unified
> approach.  If something isn't the way you like it,
> most likely you'll have to be the one to change it, or
> wait while someone else can.
I don't want to be rude, but this guy has a certain point here..

There are so much image related modules in contrib, which are mostly
redundant in (a great part of) their functionality.. So I think this
guys is right..
IMO is the split for image.module Walkah once told the right way, and
split it up into 3 different parts..
One for the display: gallery.module;
Second for the functionality: image.module
and third: I forgot..

Some new hooks need to be introduced todo some fancy things, and
that's it..

It sounds all like a dream to me..

Steef