[development] re: defining critical bugs

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sat Mar 4 13:15:15 UTC 2006

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 11:13:57 +0100, Derek Wright <derek at dwwright.net>
wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 21:45:40 -0800  Jason Flatt wrote:
>
>> I think as long as users have the ability to file critical bugs, no
>> matter how you define them, you will always have invalid critical
>> bugs.  Maybe by defining what qualifies as a critical bug, you'll
>> have fewer invalid critical bugs, but some people just plain think
>> their problems, no matter how insignificant they are in the grand
>> scheme of things, are more important than anyone else's.
>
> true.  however, better guidelines can only help minimize the invalid
> critical issues, and even a slight reduction in the overall number
> would be a big payoff long term.

My definition:

-- When a bug breaks all core. For example sessions, bootstrap one of the
form elements or something like that.

-- A whole (or most of a) module is unusable. Example: you can't post a
forum topic.

-- Major part of a module is broken. Example: you can't add a menu with
menu module.

Regards

NK