[development] Re-Thinking Events in Drupal

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sun Mar 5 09:55:49 UTC 2006

On 05 Mar 2006, at 11:22 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> I think nearly all modules out there should try to rethink how / if
> they would
> be if they were nothing more then bunch of a:
>  Views and CCK definitions,  Views and CCK extensions and custom
> logic.
Yup.

since we are doing the date type stuff now properly.

how about we consider moving to actual in-database date fields
instead of using timestamps.

i quite like being able to use the database for my date handling.
Truth be told, that is before
I started using strtotime (which is by far the most useful function
in php's date handling lib),
and was dissillusioned at how horrible mysql's date handling is
compared to postgres.

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy