[development] How about changing localization to language? Or ...

Munzir Taha munzirtaha at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 10:31:56 UTC 2006

في يوم الجمعة 02 صفر 1427 22:43, كتب Greg Knaddison:
> On 3/3/06, Adrian Rossouw <adrian at bryght.com> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > i like the term language versus l10n
> > =)
> > for one, people don't feel the need to abbreviate it to l6e
>
> On the other hand, people search for localization/l10n.  When I wanted
> Spanish translation in Drupal I searched for {drupal localization}.

If one wants an Arabic translation, he should search for Arabic translation
not Arabic localization. Not sure about Spanish though ;)

> probably would have found what I wanted eventually if drupal called it
> language, but l10n is the standard.

l10n is not wrong but it's a generic term that == language + calendars +
collates + ...
If that option is only concerned with language, then nothing more should be
implied. I believe other l10n features should find it's way on it's own
modules and there won't be one place where one set all l10n issues.

--
Munzir Taha