[development] Re-Thinking Events in Drupal

Richard Orris rich at strangebirdlabs.com
Sun Mar 5 14:36:08 UTC 2006

It would be great if we could match the date handling to something
similar to the iCalendar spec so you could more easily specify
different type of times/dates.  It would mean storing the text date
field (eg, 19970714T133000) and a slightly more intensive parsing
process.

You could be able to say 20060310 and have the event occur on March
10, 2006 for all timezones instead of having to specify a specific
start time.  This would be especially helpful for global campaigns
that all happen on the same day but different times. You would also
be able to define something with a start time, but no end time which
is also necessary I believe.

- Rich