[development] The scripts/ directory

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sun Mar 5 19:02:16 UTC 2006

Op zondag 5 maart 2006 19:54, schreef Morbus Iff:
> Because there is little harm in doing so - the
> .htaccess file prevents remote access to them.

I can think of a gazillion things that we could ship and prevent access to
with .htaccess :) The fact that we can hide it, is not the reason for
shipping them.

In the past, Drupal was very developers aimed. Simply bacause all users were
developers. At that time it was usefull to ship with some handy developers
tools.

Now that we have better tools available, and more diverse, the only reason,
AFAIK is because no-one stood up and really made an effort for removing them.
Its far easier to simply whip with themp, then to go trough all the hassle of
getting them out. So, I would say, its mostly 'lack of interestest' (call it
lack of itch) that is reason for keeping them there.

And also: everyone who can use these tools, can find them in contrib too,
people being able to run a code style script (let alone know the meaning/use
of it) know how to find Cool Stuff in contribs etc.

Bèr
 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_gmx.asc

Sympal draait nu voor het grootste deel al op 4.7:
 http://help.sympal.nl/sympal_draait_nu_voor_het_grootste_deel_al_op_4_7