[development] Re-Thinking Events in Drupal (and time zones too)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Mon Mar 6 10:04:25 UTC 2006

On 06 Mar 2006, at 11:37 AM, Rob Thorne wrote:

> One of the best defenses of using Unix timestamps has to do with
> handling daylight savings time/ summer time.

complete aside and only mostly off topic :

Am I the only person who thinks that timezones and especially
daylight savings time are completely moronic
inventions.

It would just be so much simpler if everyone operated on GMT.

I also wonder, that if one day when we end up living on other
planets, are we going to insist on basing
all our time keeping devices on the speed that some other celestial
body spins on it's axis and orbits
around some other celestial body.

The entire idea of a decimal time system also appeals to me, and why
i really liked the idea of swatch internet
time. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal_time

But then again, when I was watching the animatrix and the robots
named their first city '01' I was like "err. shouldn't that be 00"

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy