[development] Re: 18 critical bugs left

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Mar 8 20:30:17 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

>>> That is our current policy, indeed.
>>

>> as a specific example, will this no longer be fixed?
>>
>> http://drupal.org/node/49430
>> "Mysql 5 & db_rewrite_sql issue"
>> (a patch to fix MySQL 5.0.12+ errors in taxonomy.module)
>>
>> now that this has been committed:
>>
>> http://drupal.org/node/51850
>> "nailing down db_rewrite_sql"
>> (a patch that fixes db_rewrite_sql() to solve all of the JOIN ordering
>> problems once and for all, and fixes the implicit JOIN in
>> taxonomy.module also handled in the 4.6 patch listed above).
>

> I still commit bugfixes to the DRUPAL-4-5 and DRUPAL-4-6 branch. These
> bugfixes are not limited to security problems. For proof, look at any
> of the release announcements in the Drupal 4.5 or Drupal 4.6 release
> series.

Right, but if you look at it you will find that many more fixes could
have been applied had we had the manpower.

WRT the mysql 5 issue: I personally am not inclined to fix it in 4.6 or
4.5, but I would fix it for the upcoming 4.7 branch if it existed today
(since I've volunteered to be the maintainer). WRT features: We've neve
made backports and I don't intend to change this.

Cheers,
Gerhard