[development] Re: 18 critical bugs left

Derek Wright derek at dwwright.net
Wed Mar 8 19:39:32 UTC 2006

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 20:30:11 +0100  Dries Buytaert wrote:

> I still commit bugfixes to the DRUPAL-4-5 and DRUPAL-4-6 branch.

excellent, glad to hear it!

so:

1) no one should go off closing 4.6 issues just because the bug has
   been fixed in 4.7 ;)

2) we should all be clear what the policy really is.  i think it can
   be summarized as:

   - new features only happen in a development release, no matter
     what.

   - bugs are fixed in all branches where they can be reasonably
     fixed, if someone does the work to create and test the patches
     and the core committers agree it's worth the trouble.

is that a fair summary?

thanks,
-derek