[development] nice read: usability tests for Wikipedia online

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Thu Mar 9 09:03:57 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 8 maart 2006 20:55, schreef Darrel O'Pry:
> You know even on my brain dead days I've gone to write a story and
> decided against it, then started asking myself, 'How do I get out of the
> node/add/X page?'

Cancel would bring you to the place where you were before. Very often that is
a place you canot reach by another link. It is, in fact an advaced version of
a back button.

Also: I know a lot of people assume, or fear, that once a post is previewed,
it is "somewhere" so they are rather afraid of just moving away.

And last: cancel is most used for cancelling *editing* , not just for
cancelling addition of new content.

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net