[development] crazy request: solidarity

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 13:28:24 UTC 2006

I'm the first person to acknowledge that working on Drupal should be
fun and that you should work on aspects of the code that you think are
particularly interesting or rewarding.

However, the current focus is clear: getting Drupal 4.7.0 out.  As a
result, some of us have dropped all the 'fun Drupal things' to focus
solely on getting the Drupal 4.7.0 release out.  I, for one, haven't
worked on new features for months.

At the same time, many people have been working on their pet projects.
 See, those who are committed to getting Drupal 4.7.0 out want to pick
up their pet projects too ...  We're getting to a point where
solidarity becomes absolutely indispensable and to focus on the
greater good: getting Drupal 4.7.0 out.

So, the "crazy request" goes like this:

   1. Can we stop implementing irrelevant improvements?  Can we stop
working on our pet projects for a moment?  (I'm _not_ talking about
important improvements for Drupal 4.8/5.0.)

   2. Can we stop discussing things you are not going to start working
on the next few days?  This is not the time to waste time and
resources with discussions that lead no where.

The focus is clear.  Thanks.

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/