[development] Turbogears: Python framework

Boerland, Bert bert.boerland at getronics.com
Thu Mar 9 15:11:04 UTC 2006

>>> How to write a Wiki in 20 minutes:
>>> http://www.turbogears.org/docs/wiki20/20MinuteWiki.mov
>>
>> To counter these kind of videos (but mostly for fun), we should do
>> a "make a wiki in 10 minutes (not 20 minutes) with Drupal", or a
>> "make a blog in 7 minutes (not 20 minutes)". ;)

>Totally, I'm all over that. Stay tuned.

anyone seen "There is something about Mary"

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 8-Minute Abs?
Ted: Yeah, sure, 8-Minute Abs. Yeah, the excercise video.
Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 7... Minute... Abs.
Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.
Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 8-Minute Abs sittin' there, there's 7-Minute Abs right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?
Ted: I would go for the 7.
Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 7-Minute Abs. And we guarantee just as good a workout as the 8-minute folk.
Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?
Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 7 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minute free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".
Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 6-Minute Abs. Then you're in trouble, huh?
[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 6! I said 7. Nobody's comin' up with 6. Who works out in 6 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Needless to say the hitchhiker was carying a chainsaw.