[development] Attachment Indexing module.

Adam Cooper adam.j.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 19:42:13 UTC 2006

The swish-e module uses an external program to do the indexing and
searching. I want to use the built in drupal search module. If only
because it offers the ability to throttle the number of nodes indexed
in a single session.

IMHO there was not really any need to use swish-e in the first place,
as the majority of the grunt work is done by other programs that
convert given files into text. i.e. pdf2html and catdoc. The same
converted text can be passed to the drupal indexer and youcan gain all
the benefits that that offers. What swish-e does gain you is the
ability to have a separate search tab especially for files. Though all
files in 'files/' are indexed, listed or not.

Thanks
Adam