[development] Can someone confirm -- Minimum MySQL Privileges?

Angie Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Mon Mar 13 06:20:54 UTC 2006

I was glancing through the install instructions today, and noticed that we tell
people to GRANT ALL privileges which seems a bit... excessive.

I searched through core and came up with the following list of required privileges:

Data
====
SELECT
INSERT
UPDATE
DELETE

Structure
=========
CREATE
ALTER
DROP
CREATE TEMPORARY

Admin
=====
LOCK TABLES

Could someone take a look and let me know... Am I missing any? Are there things
here that shouldn't be?

-Angie

P.S. I know we're only supposed to work on 4.7 RC stuff, but this is for some
training stuff I'm doing to hopefully get more developers to work on Drupal,
including testing and reviewing patches to help the 4.7 RC! ;)