[development] Can someone confirm -- Minimum MySQL Privileges?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Mon Mar 13 22:08:27 UTC 2006

> Khalid,
>  In a mysql context, LOCK TABLE is an admin privilege... W

That is the way it should be. But for Drupal on MySQL (by far the most
common configuration out there), LOCK TABLE is needed by the user
to do normal things.

We thought about separating privileges by "user" and "admin" where
"admin" would be the one needing to upgrade the database (i.e. CREATE,
ALTER, ...etc.)

Even in this case, we would still need LOCK TABLE for the normal "user",
until we found a satisfactory way to do auto increment AND get the last
added ID. My recollection is that we are OK unless we are using persistent
connections ...