[development] absence

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 13:48:22 UTC 2006

Hello,

this is to inform you that as of tonight 23:59, I'll be gone for
about one month.  I promised Karlijn and (especially) myself not to
work on Drupal just before or just after our marriage.  Now is the
time to disconnect and unwind for a bit. :)

I will temporary unsubscribe from the Drupal mailing lists so my
mailbox doesn't explode.  I will, occasionally, check my private e-
mail to help with or respond to urgent matters but I will not review
or commit patches nor will I help with the maintenance of the Drupal
infrastructure.

During my absence, Steven Wittens will take over my duties and
responsibilities.  He has the final say whenever a decision needs to
be made.

I wished I could have released Drupal 4.7.0 but we didn't make it in
time.  Steven, Gerhard and Neil can coordinate the Drupal 4.7.0
release.  Once the DRUPAL-4-7 branch is created, Gerhard will
continue to maintain that branch.  At that point, only Steven and
Neil will be allowed to make changes to CVS HEAD.  I suggest creating
that branch after the release candidate is made available.

I also wished I could have upgraded drupal.org, but critical bugs in
CVS HEAD (and last night's security releases) prevented me from doing
so.  There is only one critical bug that needs fixing (file
revisions) before we can upgrade drupal.org.  Everything else has
been taken care of, and has been prepared carefully.  Steven, Gerhard
or Neil can finish that task.  It should be straightforward.

--
Dries Buytaert  ::  http://buytaert.net/