[development] State of the Mail Addres (was HTML / Plain text emails)

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Wed Mar 15 12:24:04 UTC 2006

Robert Douglass wrote:

> It would be helpful if we could get a summary of where development
> stands with regards to mail functionality of all sorts. I know it has
> been an active 6 months in this arena, but the work that's been done
> hasn't been publicized, and people who weren't involved in the
> development (like me) have no idea what is out there and what the best
> code to use is.
>
> 1. What happened to the initiative to make a mail.inc?

Got put on hold since Dries didn't want it for 4.7. This includes a
html2txt converter, btw, and Dries already agreed it could be in core.

> 2. What are the best/newest modules that have major mail functions,
> like mailing lists, mailhandler, newsletter, subscription etc.?

No idea, really. Allie has been working on send.module and
mimemail.module. The latter took some ideas from my mail.module. The
idea is that all modules should send mail through it. I think we could
add it to core for 4.8.

Cheers,
    Gerhard