[development] Activeselect - AJAX select boxes

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 13:19:42 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Moshe Weitzman <weitzman at tejasa.com> wrote:
> yes, this sounds like a terrific addition. Please share some demo URLs once
> they arise ... I'm curious how you implement choice checking when the forms
> are constantly changing on the client side. I imagine you are implementing
> the DANGEROUS_SKIP flag.

No, actually I wasn't aware of that flag (but I am now - thanks!). At
the moment, choice checking is no different to that for a regular
select element, as the category module implementation puts all
possible options into the element on the server side. The AJAX then
(effectively) simply removes a whole bunch of these options. But maybe
implementing this flag, and using more intelligent validation, could
be a possible improvement... then again, maybe the way it is now is
about as good as it can get (since the current method degrades well
without JS).

Please see the API.txt file for details on this issue.

Jaza.