[development] Quoting nids in comments

Greg Knaddison greg.knaddison at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 14:53:15 UTC 2006

On 3/16/06, Karthik <narakasura at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That is already standard practice.  nid and drupalID of the patch provider.
>
> I mean in the code itself.. not the commits:
>
> // Equate $a to $b (#43912)
> $a = $b;

Continuing to use node.module as an example,

Lines in File: ~2400
Lines with content: ~1590
NCLC: ~1235
Comments: ~350
Bugs listed in CVS commit messages: ~260

So you are basically asking for a doubling of comments.  Does that
really help readability?

What about parts of code that have many bugs filed against them?

//Equate $a to $b (#1234)
//Clone b along the way (#1235)
//We  need drupal_clone (#1236)
$a = drupal_clone($b)

Is that an improvement over having that knowledge in the commit messages?

This strikes me as a bad idea so I want to lay out the implications -
but it clearly isn't my decision.

Regards,
Greg