[development] user deletion

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Mar 28 13:48:07 UTC 2006

John Handelaar wrote:
> Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>>> to one account, can it please not be Anonymous User?
>>
>> Too late.
>
> So you committed it anyway, despite asking
> for objections?
>
> May I ask what the point was of your original message?
>

> The old user deletion may have been broken but it
> was far less destructive to data than this.

I'm sure that killes saw your objection, but decided that the benefits of
the patch outweigh the costs. You can disagree, but he also has the right to
make this decision. His call for objections does not imply that he has to
stop if any arise.

This project is a never ending iteration. We'll get this right eventually.
Most reasonable people will agree that assigning to the same uid as
anonymous is not a perfect solution. Some rainy day, I'm sure a patch will
arise which assigns all this content to uid=-1 or something like that and
we'll begin the process again.

-moshe