[development] Highlighted tabs, primary links, and bread crumbs

Yves CHEDEMOIS y.chedemois at free.fr
Tue Mar 28 21:26:21 UTC 2006

As for theming : the way the arrays $primary_links and $secondary_links
are built can help you on that.
While the values of the array contains the html for the links, the
_keys_ give you information on
which item is "active". That is much better than comparing breadcrumbs
pieces to primary links.

You still have to attach your content one way or another to the menu
hierarchy.
The 'menu_set_location' in menu api has precisely that purpose. But
being an api function,
using it requires, well, coding...

Meaning, if you are a coder, it should be rather simple to
build your own classification code in a small dedicated module and
attach your content to the right
menu trail 'on the fly' on each page display (in hook_menu)

If you're not, or if you want full fledged features, then
category.module is your friend.

Yves