[development] Patching og.module to allow for "dynamic" membership in groups.

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Thu Mar 30 23:57:42 UTC 2006

I'm doing a project right now where I'd like to use an external source
(CiviCRM in my case) determine what organic groups a user is
"subscribed" to.  Since I know that Moshe (and perhaps others) have done
stuff with LDAP, I'm guessing that this might be useful for more than
just my specific application.

I've written up my idea as an issue for og
(http://drupal.org/node/56614).  Short version: I'm going to patch
og.module to handle a 'user load' event via hook_og, which Moshe has
recently generalized in a very nice way.  This looks like it would be
pretty clean, but I haven't thought through the issues as well as some
of you.

If you have an opinion as to whether this is the right way to do this,
or if you've thought up a better approach, please add comments to the issue.

Thanks,
Rob Thorne
Torenware Networks