[development] Time to remove poll module from core

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Mon May 1 19:13:15 UTC 2006

The real differences between page, story, and blog are behavioural.
Permissions, display settings, and default URLs (/blog and /blog/uid in
the case of blog.module) are the issues. The ability to easily
slice-and-dice stuff like 'latest content' listings for specific tyes is
one of the reasons I'd love to see something like views.module (though
not views_ui.module) eventually rolled into core.

Providing JUST the backend features would allow module developers ot
include that kind of functionality in a way that's relatively
'transparent' to end users. Advanced users could easily override the
views by installing views_ui.module. Or something like it.

But that's another debate, I suppose.

The point remains: Story, page, and blog content types are essentially
identical. The only purpose they serve is to provide different behaviors
in configuration, etc.

--Jeff