[development] SoC: Multi-site administration through rich XUL client

Ben Francis lists at hippygeek.co.uk
Tue May 2 12:09:41 UTC 2006

Hi there,

First of all, massive congratulations on the 4.7 release!!

I'm writing an application for a Drupal Google Summmer of Code project
and would like to ask some questions, please tell me if there is a more
appropriate place to discuss this.

My current favourite proposed SoC project is: Multi-site administration
through rich XUL client (http://drupal.org/node/60507)

Would an appropriate solution to this be to write a module with
functions for administering multiple sites and then write a
SOAP/REST/XML-RPC API which is called by the XULRunner client?

I'd like to design it so that you can administer multiple sites on
multiple servers, all with different databases (sort of scratching my
own itch a bit here too). The idea of using an API like this is that
anyone could write their own client or custom web app as part of their
own systems to manage their Drupal sites.

Would anyone mind reading over my application before I submit it?

Many Thanks

Ben

--
Ben "tola" Francis