[development] File caching patch for Drupal 4.6 and 4.7

Jeremy Andrews jeremy at kerneltrap.org
Tue May 2 13:24:46 UTC 2006

On Tue, 02 May 2006 13:58:27 +0200
Gerhard Killesreiter <gerhard at killesreiter.de> wrote:

> There's one issue I got with the idea behind this patch:
> Does it make sure that people who use some kind of access
> control module don't use it?

Just enabling the file cache should not affect access control
in any way.  Enabling the FastPath mode would, as mentioned
in the settings.php description (though of course the wording
and content could be improved).

To specifically answer your question, no it does not attempt
to auto-detect access control modules, or anything else using
_init/_exit hooks or session control; it provides you with
enough rope to hang yourself if you don't read/understand the
instructions.

-Jeremy