5.0 and or 4.8 (was Re: [development] Drupal x.x.0 freeze date)

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue May 2 16:54:07 UTC 2006

On 5/2/06, Adrian Simmons <adrinux at perlucida.com> wrote:
> gunnar wrote:
> > In my opinion Drupal always has a roadmap, but not always very precisely
> > communicated.
> I'd like to suggest something a little less formal. A section in the
> newsletter, call it say 'grape vine', 'overheard', 'Crystal ball'[1] or
> whatever that looks at what *might* be coming - the point is it should be
> put across as 'rumors' and discussion, not something hard and fast. It would
> give a feel for whats coming to a wider audience than the relatively small
> crowd that hang out on irc.

When I saw the "predictions" thread that struck me as the ultimate in
community roadmap system.  Look at the people who made predictions
last year that were right...those are people you should trust for
predictions this year.  Look at people who have said "I know this is
going to happen in 2006 because I'm going to do it" and you can have
some confidence in those predictions.  But in the end, all roadmaps
are just a grouping of predictions until they are committed, qa'd,
documented, and released.

Predictions for 2006: http://drupal.org/node/41966

Regards,
Greg

--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com