[development] Drupal Test Suite

Nimish Pachapurkar npac at spikesource.com
Wed May 3 00:21:00 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Sorry for disappearing for a couple of days. I was out of office.

For the lack of a better idea, I have created an issue task at
Drupal.org and attached the test suite tarball to it. The tarball is
only about 78 KB, so I hope this approach is not too wild.

http://drupal.org/node/61533

Please take a look and try out if needed.

Thomas,

I agree with your point about TestGen4Web test generation. I wrote the
SimpleTest generator for TestGen4Web and in my experience, there is some
manual tweaking of the test code still needed to make it pretty and
tidy. There are some constraints to make it all automated - some of them
because the way SimpleTest differs from tools like HttpUnit.

Anyway, about your 3rd point, that is already supported. When recording
test cases with TestGen4Web, you can select any text on the page, right
click and add an assertion. This will then be converted to assertText()
call during SimpleTest test cases generation.

Thanks,
Nimish