[development] DHTML Image Cropper

sime info at urbits.com
Wed May 3 10:04:55 UTC 2006

Adrian Rossouw wrote:

> On 03 May 2006, at 3:54 AM, sime wrote:
>
>> I haven't really advertised my intentions, because my cropper is
>> part of a bigger project, much of which is not needed by drupal.
>> But, ultimately, the aim was to see where something like this could
>> be used and I have been having casual discussions with
>> robertgarrigos about it.
>

> http://daemon.co.za/journal/google-summer-of-code-imagemagick-support
> Cool. This is what I want it for.
>
> To be able to pull an image down from flickr, and crop it to fit into
> your site's header.

That's great. And you'd usually want an image of specific proportions,
which is why I allow a ratio to be passed into the script and used to
maintain the ratio of the cropped area.

I've placed a small notice at the Image group stating that the code is
open-source and available for drupal (if desired)
http://groups.drupal.org/node/267