[development] Move all core modules into their own directories.

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed May 3 12:45:00 UTC 2006

> I'm sure Adrian will answer in more detail but the key advatgantage of text
> files for metadata is that you don't load PHP to in order to get
> title/author/description... This means no more memory problems on

And the big problem with any non-PHP solution is that, three years from
now, we'll be throwing it out and reinventing it (ie., the move from
.sql files to .install) because we've found it doesn't scale.

One of the "problems" I was hoping to solve with the metadata files
being PHP is we have a chance to move the entire _help hook there, which
will make the .module file smaller, will give the doc team their own
little "namespace" to worry about, and will lessen the load of the
.module file in memory (since we're not loading all the help text in,
especially when, for a visitor it rarely, if ever, gets parsed).

--
Morbus Iff ( i am the horrible hogglewart )