[development] Paving the way for CCK, intentionaly without CCK

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Thu May 4 14:17:34 UTC 2006

Gordon Heydon wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 08:25 +0200, Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
>
>>1. NCI (node cloning interface), for cloning node into book, forum, page,
>>story, blog types (and any other the user desires). I imagine a simple
>>interface at administer / settings / content types, where one can add
>>another simple node type, provide a name and description, and that is it.
>>This should be enough for the built in simple types, and should be
>>forwards compatible for CCK. If CCK will not make it, this simple NCI
>>feature could still be in place.
>
> I have actually developed something like this. It allows you to take any
> of the core node types and clone them.
>
> I have added it to my sandbox.
>
> sandbox/gordon/cloneanode
>
> See what you thing.

Ah, this seems to be more then what we need (so it is going to be a nice
contrib module :). Your cloneanode module actually wraps nodeapi calls,
so that it bridges every type of call to the original function. NCI
would not do this, since it would only deal with built in node
functionality, which is already handled, so no need to tap into nodeapi.
I will see when I can look into this.

Goba