[development] SoC: Multi-site administration through rich XUL client

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu May 4 14:22:47 UTC 2006

On 5/3/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> My initial objection is that XUL is Mozilla only. With Mozilla having only 10%
> market share (outside tech community), it is not a solution that is cross
> browser enough to build things on.

This is not a client requirement, it's just something that lots of
power admins are probably going to use. As we noted yesterday, visits
to Drupal.org - and by extension, drupal admins - are a plurality
Mozilla based browsers.  Given those two points, Firefox' small
overall market share seems unimportant.

> However, the new piece of info me is that they made "XULRunner" out of it
> which is cross platform and browser independant.

Browser independent, yes, but would this Drupal admin client also be
able to run inside of Firefox?  I think most people would prefer
installing an extension over installing a whole new application.

Greg
--
Greg Knaddison | Growing Venture Solutions
Denver, CO | http://growingventuresolutions.com