[development] theme_foo() functions vs tpl.php templates (was Move all core modules into their own directories)

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:32:22 UTC 2006

> This was one of the first places I wanted to introduce meta-
> information but later removed it at Dries' request.

Correction: I was merely questioning the usefulness of having separate
files with meta-information, not rejecting it.  Prove me that (i) it
is really useful and (ii) the easiest way to tackle the problem and
I'm convinced.  (Moste did a pretty good job convincing me.)

In this particular case, the question still stands: does this template
extension need to be in a separate meta-information file, or can it be
returned by a function in the engine/theme file?  I don't see why it
needs to be in a file with meta-information ...

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/