[development] hook_foo() vs. nodeapi

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Sun May 7 02:14:00 UTC 2006

On 5/7/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> Are there any plans to totally eliminate foo_hook() in favor
> of nodeapi as we have discussed at one point?

When CCK is developed to its full potential, and gets into core, we
may find that it's no longer practical for modules to define their own
node types. Instead, the majority of modules may move to a model of
extending other node types by using nodeapi (think event module). In
this case, we may end up getting rid of module-defined node types (as
we know them) altogether,  and thus getting rid of all the node hooks
except for nodeapi.

All of this 'may' happen - then again, it 'may not'. :-p

Cheers,
Jaza.