[development] Move all core modules into their own directories.

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Mon May 8 08:55:11 UTC 2006

Op donderdag 4 mei 2006 16:42, schreef Gabor Hojtsy:
> Neil, there were some points that supporting plain PHP function based
> themes are going to be continued. They can be a lot faster then
> including 20 PHP template files just to build a page.

More important, is the support. PHPtal and Smarty are used a LOT in the
industry. smarty has been maintained over three releases. There are a number
of smarty themes in there. Even if its not used a lot, the very fact that we
can *say* that we can support Smarty, is a big plus.

But even more important, we should (or could) really focus on some cross-CMS
engines as well. Imagine the coolness of being able to share themes between
Jooomla and Drupal. A joomla.engine or even droomla.engine would be required
for that. Dropping support for new engines makes this impossible.

A big -1 from me for retting rid of other engines then phptemplate!

Bèr