[development] Pathauto scaleability - path column in node / user table

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Mon May 8 17:39:39 UTC 2006

On Mon, 08 May 2006 17:03:07 +0200, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

>> This is a faily simple, albeit fairly large patch. Do we have any
>> volunteers / naysayers?
>
> This will be a big performance boost, and chx will not complain
> about the number of queries to url_alias when devel.module is enabled.

Me? Complaining? About the number of queries? That's not a problem with
me, I even support the current solution for 4.6 as well.

My problem with the whole thing is that it is slow. String matching is
always slow.

This however would mean that for outgoing node links at least we will have
not string matching. Oh joy.