[development] hook_fileapi (file products and download permission)

James Walker walkah at walkah.net
Wed May 10 17:28:21 UTC 2006

On 10-May-06, at 12:50 PM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> On 10 May 2006, at 18:44, Boris Mann wrote:
>> Please make patches against core, since this will help everyone
>> long term, rather than just those who build/maintain an alternate
>> file handling structure.
>
> I second that.  Core's file handling, both the file API and the
> upload.module need love.

They do, and I have been trying to fight hard for things like
audio.module stay the course with the core API and work to improve
that rather than everyone doing their own thing (as I have done for
image as well).

File/Media handling is (as far as I'm concerned) a major hot button
to be addressed in the next release, and I intend to start "rallying
the troops" in the near future and putting patches where our mouths are.

Those who have thoughts on the issue and haven't already (and there's
already some great stuff) have a look through http://
groups.drupal.org/file-api.
James Walker :: http://walkah.net/ :: xmpp:walkah at walkah.net