Central place for output sanitizing (was Re: [development] more consistency in theme functions and output concepts.)

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu May 11 17:33:43 UTC 2006

On 11 May 2006, at 7:07 PM, Bèr Kessels wrote:

> Is this part of your plans? Or should we look for a solution that
> is not in
> that layer?
This is definitely part of those plans. But this solution
_will_not_be_ready_for_4.8_

I am going to be doing the pre-requisite changes to the menu system
to make fapi 2.0 possible,
and then I want to have fapi 2.0 stay in contrib for a while. Those
changes will just make it into 4.8.

I am aiming to get FAPI 2.0 up and running in contrib, with some (non
trivial) contrib modules already ported.

At that point, it's going to be much simpler to break up and get into
core.
Trying to hit a moving target for this API was one of the reasons
that the FAPI port took so long,
and was so difficult.

Meanwhile,  perhaps we can look at implementing this in  theme()
since we will be working on that anyway?

A lot of the variable passing mechanisms from phptemplate will be
moving to core, so we could
perhaps implement it as a _variables() ?

--
Adrian Rossouw
Drupal developer and Bryght Guy