[development] Extend database abstraction layer, to include table creation.

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri May 12 15:53:19 UTC 2006

On 12 May 2006, at 11:37, Adrian Rossouw wrote:
> Now the next question is, is anybody interested in working on this.
> This will help making the
> installer get in a lot quicker, by reducing the amount of cross db
> development we need to do.
>
> I'm currently busy helping vlado with the template system stuff,
> and also working on the
> meta-data / dependency system. While I don't mind working on this,
> it is something that
> could run in parallel with other efforts, and would really help
> Drupal on a lot of fronts.

Personally, I'd like to see the template stuff go in first so it's
great to see you guys focus on that first.

I also want us to look at chx's node type patch (see patch queue)
which implements an extremely light version of the CCK / flexinode
module.   It will help us get rid of the pseudo-duplicate-node-
types.  If some people could help test and review that patch, that
would be awesome.  I already gave it a couple reviews, and things are
almost usable, it seems. :-)