[development] Extend database abstraction layer, to include table creation.

sime info at urbits.com
Sat May 13 12:43:56 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> For most of us eliminating the various SQL schemas makes perfect
> sense.  After all, most of us are expert Drupal developers, and as
> such, an incremental improvement is easy enough to deal with.
> However, for new Drupal developers, who are not intimate with
> Drupal's code, this just increases the barrier.

I sit on the fence regarding abstraction layers. But a quick comment
about new Drupal developers.

The best thing for a newbie who has SQL experience (eg. me) is to have a
plain english data dictionary where each table and field is described.
Sure I can glean information from database.mysql, but its usefulness is
limited.

sime