[development] finding blocks and getting them simpler.

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Mon May 15 16:54:06 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
> On 5/15/06, Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com> wrote:
>
> But, 6 is not portable to other sites. In another site it maybe 1 or 22.
> So not sure what having it under version control would achieve.
>
> If it is:
> <?php print $region_adsense_top; ?>
> Or
> <?php print $region_announce; ?>
>
> It is less code, and more descriptive ...
Not all blocks just use numbers as their deltas; and I've taken to
naming my deltas so that when more blocks are added, it's more obvious
what's going on. It'd be nice of Drupal moved toward using descriptive
deltas rather than simply numbers.
> You can use mysqldump without the extended insert option, and put
> that under your favorite version control system. You may want to delete
> the rows from things like cache, accesslog, and watchdog before you
> do so.
And, in fact, this is exactly what I do, but for some things it's highly
inconvenient.