[development] Freezing the Drupal API

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun May 14 22:13:49 UTC 2006

Khalid B wrote:
>> >  notably the high cost of upgrading existing installations due to the
>> > ever-changing nature of Drupal's API.
>> >

>> If you don't like this policy, use something else.
>
> Gerhard
>
> Richard Archer is the maintainer of the menu system for Drupal, not an
> end user.

I know who he is and what he has done for the menu system and I
appreciate it.

> Even if  he was, we could reply in a more positive and constructive way.

That _was_ a positive and constructive answer. I don't see the Drupal
development changing any time soon. You yourself pointed out how
beneficial it is. So it is constructive to recommend to Richard to use
something else if he doesn't like it. It will save him a lot of
frustration and other ressources.

Cheers,
    Gerhard