[development] Freezing the Drupal API

Earl Miles merlin at logrus.com
Tue May 16 05:13:41 UTC 2006

Richard Archer wrote:
> At 4:21 AM +0200 15/5/06, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>
>>Apparently nobody agree with you.
>
> Well you don't. And you're loud enough to drown out any
> conversation anyone else might have about this.

I've stayed relatively quiet in this discussion, for there is no reason to throw
wood on the fire, but it's worth my opinion at least being noted, that I do
believe that API should be stable.

It was a lot of work chasing the 4.7 API for my modules as it mutated. I'm sure
doing so for 4.8 will be again. And again for 4.9/5.0 and again for whatever
version comes after that.

Quick: Ask me why I don't expect to have a lot of time to do core work in the
future.