[development] Freezing the Drupal API

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Tue May 16 06:59:37 UTC 2006

At 7:46 AM +0200 16/5/06, Dries Buytaert wrote:

>I happily accept patches that clean up the APIs.  However, I can't
>promise that they won't change because we won't officially freeze
>them.

"freeze" was the wrong word. I carefully proofread the body of my
message before sending it but forgot about the subject. Anyway,
it served to get my message some extra attention :)

What I would like to see is for the Drupal API to be more complete,
more robust and more consistent.

With many thanks to Jaza, the menu system now has a more complete
API in 4.7, and I think this will help in a big way when the time
comes to rewrite huge chunks of the underlying code.

I would like to see more areas of Drupal mature in this way.

I intend to work on this in whatever time I can muster to spend
on Drupal. If anyone wants to help, drop me a line.

 ...Richard.