[development] finding blocks and getting them simpler.

drupal vlado at dikini.net
Tue May 16 08:28:40 UTC 2006

> Not all blocks just use numbers as their deltas; and I've taken to
> naming my deltas so that when more blocks are added, it's more obvious
> what's going on. It'd be nice of Drupal moved toward using descriptive
> deltas rather than simply numbers.
Very true. One of the most disturbing things when styling a theme is to
workout the delta's. Very inconvenient. Probably the main reason why you
won't see a lot of 'special' treatment for blocks.

The only cons of this would be with autogenerated blocks. And probably
slightly increased memory usage, but that is simply squeezing the cons
dry.

Anyway, deltas are a misnomer as many other things.