[development] Freezing the Drupal API

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue May 16 09:19:16 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 16 mei 2006 04:47, schreef Khalid B:
> Having said all that, the basics of FAPI (form handling) are not hard at
> all to learn, specially for someone like you Ber. It is a mental barrier
> more than anything
> else.

Oh I know! I was playing devils advocate more then anything else :), Ive had
my share of forms api, developed with it, was one of the first to find where
its limits lie (node forms w taxonomy cannot be altered properly) and I even
build a Fapi builder for KDE.

Having said that, stuff like form alter. Theming of forms and file forms is
not what I call fun to do. Not saying that it used to be better or simpler.
Just saying that this stuff has hardly improved.

But lets leave this issue in rest. Too much has been said about Fapi being
good or not. My point of view is clear. As is most of other peoples. I am not
a fan of working with it.

Bèr