[development] when we run out of characters

Vladimir Zlatanov vlado at dikini.net
Thu May 18 08:12:38 UTC 2006

> The current modules in their present incarnation have no issues,
> and the new naming scheme (allow only lower case letters and
> numbers, and disallow underscores) will prevent new ones from
> having name space clashes.
>
> There was one +1 on this from Gerhard.

> Any other objections?
No not really.

We can always discriminate which part constitutes the module name part
and which constitutes the hook name part in a function name. What we
need to agree is how to handle ambiguities.

I would probably go with this suggestion. And mark everything which
doesn't comply with it as "frozen" and maybe later as deprecated syntax.

I a couple of releases thime the border cases will disappear. I hope.

Cheers,
Vlado